sam's notes

notes on government, sports and popular culture

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 
...I've got high-speed cable running to my computer, and still it takes forever for the N&R web site to load. Sure don't have that much time.

At any rate, N&R editor Doug Clark is shamed again for his (still loading) column on his former boss, the late High Point Enterprise publisher Randall Terry.

Clark's column "is the most pathetic excuse for journalism I have ever read," writes Sherri Staton of Archdale. ".....Terry is not here to defend himself or explain his actions or comments. I felt I was reading the nasty sound of bitter revenge."

Funny, I've felt the same way reading editorials about President Bush lately. At any rate, both letters to the editor chastizing Clark have swayed my opinion. Between Clark and Ogi Overman, Terry handed out 29 years' worth of paychecks, not an insignificant transfer of funds. But hey, money talks, bullshit editorializes.

All which brings me to another thought. I have a liberal friend who recently got a freelance editing job with Greensboro-based Pace Communications. She's relatively new in town, and I'm not sure if she's knows about Pace's charismatic CEO Bonnie McElveen-Hunter, a key Bush fundraiser who, needless to say, is in an interesting position right now.

I'll bring up Bonnie's political activity only if it comes up. If it does, I have a feeling my friend won't resign her position in protest. she, like most writers, needs the money


Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?